Ortlieb Back and Front-Roller panniers have long since been classics among waterproof bike panniers. Outdoor specialists swear by the functional and strong system of front and rear bag loading on both sides.
And since every ounce is crucial for long distance bike touring, the Rollers’ main advantage is their little net weight.
No matter whether you bike forest tracks or desert roads, cross canyons or rivers, the extremely durable outer fabric has proven its strength in numerous real tests.
These are not the only reasons why the all weather solution was awarded several times by the bicycle press: hermetical roll closures, shoulder straps and the Ortlieb Quick-Lock System ensure that food and equipment are not only protected 100% but also accessible at any time.
Please note: Sold as Pair!
Available in multiple colors.
- Ortlieb Back Roller Plus waterproof rear panniers are Ortlieb's top-of-the-line panniers with the roller style closure.
- Each pannier has an internal pocket hanging from the inside of the back panel-awesome!
- These panniers will hold a LOT of gear.
- Plus series panniers are made from very durable Cordura fabric with a substantial inner, highly durable, thermoplastic waterproof coating.
- All seams are high frequency welded, providing excellent waterproofing along with narrow manufacturing tolerances. You will be impressed by the high quality workmanship!
- Ortlieb rear panniers can also function as large capacity front panniers for Tandem tourists, where two riders must carry their gear on one bicycle.
- Ortlieb Back Roller Plus panniers may even keep your gear dry during stream crossings when properly closed (the level of waterproofing depends on how many times you roll the top).
- Ortlieb Back Roller Plus panniers are your best choice for off-road mountain bike tours!
- If you are touring in the tropics in the rainy season, these are the panniers you want!
- Ortlieb Plus series panniers utilize the QL2 Quick Lock mounting system, adjustable without any tools, with automatic opening and closing by lifting the handle.
- The QL2 system adjusts with various inserts to fit rack rails from 8mm to 16mm diameter.
- Adjustable hooks at the base of the panniers keep the bottom mounted securely to the side of the rack.
- The sliding top hooks can be repositioned to allow precise placement on the rack top rails.
- This can also help move the panniers toward the rear of your rack, providing better heel clearance while riding.
- Optional extra top hooks can be added to reinforce the mounting system when you take your panniers off-road.
- The Roller Plus panniers use the Plus fabric, which is a bit more flexible and easier to roll down than the Classic fabric.